Blasted Church Vineyards
The Blasted Church name originates from local folklore circa 1929, when a crew from Okanagan Falls set off to a deserted mining camp to dismantle an old wooden church and transport it back to their community. The plan called for a controlled blast of four dynamite sticks inside the church in order to “loosen the nails”. By some miracle, all but the steeple survived, and the church now stands proudly as the “Okanagan Falls United Church”. Evan Saunders and John Bayley have been tending to the wines and the vineyards, respectively, to bring out the best expression of the varietals with respect to the terroir.